So how was Paris? Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. I already want to go back.
Paris is a land of white stone, beautiful sunsets, wine in the park, and amazing cheese. It’s also a place where housing might be on the pricey side, but food is plentiful and public places are either free or very reasonably priced.
Based on North American tourism, I expected climbing the Eiffel Tower to cost a small fortune and was prepared to be disappointed if I couldn’t afford it. Instead, it was less than 15 euros to go all the way to the top, or roughly $20 CAD. If you don’t need all that excitement, you can go to the 2nd floor (already taller than most buildings) for 8.50 euros.
Among the bazillion things we spent our time doing in Paris, we…
- spoke French!
- spoke English!
- met new friends (remember Lucille in Beijing? We met her mom and brother.)
- had a wine & cheese picnic in the park… like every day.
- went to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
- rode a river cruise on La Seine river.
- posed beside naked statues in the Louvre.
- encountered snobby waiters & coffee drinkers.
- saw the Mona Lisa.
- gazed upon the gargoyles of the Notre Dame Cathedral
- danced on a bridge at sunset.
- ate amazing ice cream.